Can you believe it’s time for back to school already? I always had bittersweet memories of the last few weeks of summer break. On one hand, I was so sad to see those carefree days gone, I also absolutely loved getting new school supplies. Something about a brand new set of markers and notebooks was so exciting. I couldn’t wait to pick our my “outfit” for the first day of school too. Oh, to be in school again! I never thought I’d actually MISS it!
Cheer up your little ones who are sad to see summer on the way out with this easy back to school treat: chalkboard pops. I created these with easy-to-find items like candy melts and lollipop sticks. They’re cute with or without the sticks too. And delicious too!
STEPS TO MAKE CHALKBOARD POPS
1. Melt black Candy Melts® in a microwavable bowl (following the instructions on the bag).
2.Pour into the lollipop molds and lollipop sticks.
3. Let sit until cool or place in refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes. Pop our your lollipops!
4. Melt the white Candy Melts® and pour into a pastry bag fitted with a #2 tip.
5. Write A+, Aa, Bb, 123 or desired message with white Candy Melts®.
6. Optional: Add ribbon to lollipop sticks.