We are loving the fresh + fun chevron print lately, so when our eye caught this chevron party tray, we were smitten! Easy to make, the ever fabulous Martha Stewart has all the how-to details! Best part of this easy HOW-TO?! It’s made with a BAKING SHEET!
Not only are these perfect for holding cocktails, cupcakes, and other party goodies but also make a darling HOSTESS GIFT! Add a monogrammed vinyl sticker or paint on a monogram for a personal touch!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 yard decorative fabric
- Aluminum rimmed baking sheet
- Spray adhesive
- Fabric glue
- Synthetic felt
- 1/4-inch-thick acrylic sheet cut to fit inside of tray, with corners
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Cut fabric large enough to cover the front and wrap around the back of the baking tray. Cover the front of the tray with spray adhesive.
2. Place fabric on tray so pattern is aligned, leaving enough room to wrap fabric around all sides to the back. Smooth fabric onto tray, pressing out any bubbles.
3. Pull any extra material into corner and push around the edge. Turn tray over. Cover the back of the tray with spray adhesive.
4. Press the fabric over two edges of the tray first, then fold in on each remaining side, as if wrapping a gift. Trim any excess fabric with scissors. Use fabric glue to secure, if needed.
5. Cut a piece of felt to fit the back of the tray and conceal fabric edges. Smooth felt on the back the tray.
6. Place acrylic sheet in center of tray.
image + diy via martha stewart