These sweet little truffle holders were created for Martha Stewart Weddings, and I’m excited to get to share them here on Pizzazzerie too! You only need a few items to create the cutest little truffle favor that is perfect for a bridal shower, wedding, or any type of celebration! Styled in cornflower blue and melon orange hues, the ruffled silk flower holds a sweet coconut orange truffle dipped in delicious white chocolate. Yum!
Gorgeous silk flowers add a touch of ruffle and texture while creating the perfect little “holder” for your sweet favor. You can obviously pick any color you like so it will match your wedding or party. These would be so cute for a tea party too! I love them displayed on a simple cake stand or you could package them up in little clear boxes or cellophane bags. I have a resource list below this post, p.s.!
DIY Flower Truffle Favors
- Silk Flowers (the rufflier the better)
- Small Clear Cups (Plastic)
- Hot Glue
- Pull out the center section of the flowers (leave an outside petal layer).
- Cut the plastic cup down but leave 1/2″ rim around the edge of the bottom.
- Place the silk flower down inside the plastic cup base and adhere with hot glue.
- Place treat in center of flower!
Now for this delicious coconut orange truffles! You can obviously use any sweet treat recipe you prefer. In my opinion, a white or pastel truffle or little cupcake would look best. Or if you’re going for a sunflower look, then chocolate would be perfect. You get the idea! Below is my recipe for these coconut orange truffles.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 20 ounces high quality white chocolate
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- In a heavy sauce-pan, simmer together heavy cream and grated zest. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat. Let sit (covered) for 10 minutes.
- In the top of a double broiler, combine 10 ounces white chocolate, salt, and butter. Uncover heavy cream and strain into other ingredients.
- Turn on heat and melt ingredients together until smooth. Remove from heat, stir in orange juice, and let chill (covered) for at least 6 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll into balls. Return to refrigerator while melting additional white chocolate until smooth.
- Place rolled balls into white chocolate and place on wax paper to cool.
- Sprinkle with sweetened coconut. Enjoy!
Shop the Post
Hot Glue Gun
Silk Flowers – Mine were purchased at Michael’s. You can look for some online or visit local craft stores to find the perfect shape/color/size.