Hooray, another delicious recipe to share with y’all! You know I love my appetizers, right? Even if you don’t have a party coming up, just enjoy a plate of these Shrimp & Tomato Pastry Tartlets for dinner, they’re delish! Naming this tasty appetizer was tricky, so many amazing things all in one bite! Shrimp, herbed cream cheese, tomato, AND puff pastry. What’s a hostess to do? So Shrimp & Tomato Pastry Tartlets it is, and I highly recommend you try them out soon.
Whether you’re making a batch of these for a party or just to enjoy with family at home, there is one thing I know…cooking is always more fun when it’s simple yet delicious! That’s why I grabbed Seapak’s Shrimp Scampi to make these tartlets and the other reason I love them? They’re easy to keep in the freezer so you can make up a batch of these whenever you want (hello last-minute drop in guests!).
This is one of my new favorite summertime appetizers because I can use fresh basil and tomatoes from my garden! I love using in-season ingredients when possible. Combining tomatoes, basil, and herbed cream cheese reminds me a bit of Caprese salad which I love (just swapping mozzarella for cream cheese)! So add in shrimp and you instantly have a coastal-inspired favorite. Plus, these little tarlets look all fancy schmancy but they take MINUTES to make. So go enjoy the pool or beach, you can whip these up when you’re done!
“My favorite way to serve up party appetizers is on a cake stand! The height gives it a touch of fancy!” – Courtney
Now, on to some of my fave tips for this appetizer. We chatted about using Seapak’s Shrimp Scampi so next up is the puff pastry! To create these little tartlets, just use a round cookie cutter (mine was 2″ in diameter) to create the pastry rounds. Pierce the center of the round with a fork prior to baking so they don’t go out of control while baking. Even if they puff up too much, just pat them down a little when they’re done baking.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 dozen mini tomatoes
- 1/2 cup herbed cream cheese
- 1 package Seapak Shrimp Scampi
- Garnish: Basil
- Use a small round cookie cutter to cut out small rounds from the puff pastry. Pierce the center of each round with a fork. Bake at 400°F for 5-7 minutes or until golden in color. Watch carefully as puff pastry can bake quickly.
- Pat down puffs slightly and use a small knife to cut out the center of the round. Cut tomatoes in half and scoop outside inside seeds. Place a tomato half down inside each pastry round.
- Use a piping bag to pipe in a 1/2 tablespoon amount of herbed cream cheese inside each tomato. You can also use a knife or spoon if you don't have a piping bag.
- Prepare shrimpi according to instructions. Place a shrimp into the cream cheese of each pastry tartlet.
- Garnish with a basil leaf (you can use chives or dill as well).
So even if you aren’t headed to the beach soon, you can still enjoy a little coastal-inspired flavor. If it makes you feel better, I have zero beach plans this summer (sigh) but rest assured, I’ll be enjoying these Shrimp + Tomato Pastry Tarlets here in Nashville – and loving it! Plus, who says easy and simple can’t be fancy and tasty?!