Hi fabulous readers! Today is a super exciting one at Pizzazzerie! We are so thrilled to be partnering up with the oh-so-chic Petunia Pickle Bottom! After receiving the Cosmopolitan Carryall in black forest cake, I became instantly smitten with the clever designs, stylish looks, and fabulous options from PPB! So smitten, in fact, that the darling team at Petunia Pickle Bottom and I decided to partner up for a giveaway and sweet treats party! With one of their collections perfectly known as “Cake“, it was only fitting to serve up some sweet cake alongside a giveway for all of YOU!
I fell in love with their Spring 2014 collection which includes the Captivating Corinth print. The gorgeous aqua-green and yellow is so perfect for “spring”, especially after such a cold and dreary winter. And GUESS WHAT?! We’re so excited to be giving one lucky reader a City Caryall in Captivating Corinth print AND (I know, it gets better!!) the Beginnings Book in Captivating Corinth too! One lucky mama will win both of those items, woohoo! Throw that confetti! Details on entering at bottom of post…
Time for a little treat for all of us! I decided this giveaway called for a SWEETS PARTY, inspired by Captivating Corinth of course! My favorite cupcake recipe for you to try! I served these up with cookies in the print made by the fabulous Sweet E’s Cookies!
Here are the instructions for making these delicious cupcakes + a printable recipe below!
I frosted these cupcakes with a Wilton Star Tip (you can find these at a local craft or cake store). Simply swirl and lift up (starting from the outside into the center). Add a white shimmer Sixlet candy for a little garnish and ta-da!
Serve up your cupcakes on a simple white cake stand with little yellow flowers! And of course, a sweet treats party needs something pretty to sip on! Lemonade is an easy drink that is sure to please your sweet-eaters! Jazz up your glasses by tying on a coordinating ribbon and a flower garnish! It’s the little things that truly make a party special!
Get the full recipe (and of course enter our giveaway below)! Enjoy a few more pictures because desserts are just too cute..
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbs. (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg + 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons. vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.Fill muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl.
- In an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the egg and egg white one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in the vanilla and almond.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the milk in 2 additions, beating until just combined; scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat just until no traces of flour remain (roughly 30 seconds). Be careful not to OVER-beat!
- Fill each cupcake liner until 2/3 full. Bake until tops are golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Roughly 18-20 minutes. Let cool.
- In an electric mixer, beat butter until light and cream (about 2 minutes).
- Add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Add milk or heavy cream and extracts. Beat on medium for 2-3 minutes or until thick and fluffy.
Enter below to win a Petunia Pickle Bottom Carryall + Beginnings Book!