A Vintage Holiday
Anders Ruff Designs blows me away on a regular basis. You might recall I teamed up with the fabulous duo for both Pink-O-Ween and Thanksgiving Tables. So when I saw their Holiday Collection, I was not surprised it was stunning! This vintage holiday design is full of polka dots, candy cane stripes, damask, and star-bursts. Colors are pink, blue, lime green, and red. This design is perfect for hosting your own holiday party or just gift wrapping teacher’s gifts, neighborhood treats, and more. The possibilities are endless. The printable collection is 50% off through Monday, November 15th.
The best part is there are two fabulous collection, so check back for our next post Monday – Part 2: A Classic Holiday. You don’t want to miss it!
For this vintage design, the Anders Ruff teamed was inspired by Shiny Brite vintage holiday ornaments. They put them in tall glass topiaries and also hung them from old fashioned white feather trees. Several small aqua and cream feather trees adorn the dining room table and German glass glittered accents can be found throughout the party design including the dessert table wreath and gift packaging.
Candy canes hung from a white wooden wine rack and were propped inside antique candle holders. I love using items in new ways so find some new uses for your wine racks this season! On the table, the feather trees and topiaries are displayed on an old white cabinet door to add height and interest. Look around your own house for old items to use in new ways.
Anders Ruff used one of my favorite holiday tips - use wrapping paper to line your tables! There are some fabulous designs out this season (I just stocked up at Hobby Lobby!). They lined their buffet table with a fun wrapping paper and hung customized Christmas stockings by Chicmommybags. Another fun tip is dressing up your chairs with ribbon and printables. They chose pink satin ribbons and a garland snowflake logo to dress up their white chairs. All of their favor boxes, wine bottles, soda bottles, and food labels were custom designed with printed favor tags, hang tags, and party logos.
The dessert menu is a sweet lineup (all jazzed up with their printable collection)!
- Chocolate drizzled jumbo marshmallow pops with a candy cane stick
- Pink and Blue Chocolate Truffles (with red velvet cake filling) – lined with coconut accents for snow effects
- Pink and Blue chocolate covered pretzals
- Vanilla Pink Sugared Cupcakes (Printed cupcake toppers included in the DIY collection) – lined with coconut accents for snow effects
- Vanilla Cupcakes with beautiful fondant cupcake toppers – lined with coconut accents for snow effects
- Round Sugar Cookies with beautiful fondant toppers
- Hershey Chocolate Bars (mini) with personalized wraps (included in the DIY collection)
- Water bottle wraps used to decorate Soda Bottle. (Included in the DIY collection)
- Eggnog served in martini glasses with pink sugar rim and candy canes with pink chocolate stars drizzled on top
- Pink & White Chocolate drizzled marshmallow skewers with mini whoopie pie cookies rolled in coconut
Vendors & Credits
- Chocolate covered pretzel sticks by Pretzelspleaze
- Red and Green chocolate truffles by deathbycupcake
- Fondant cupcake & cookie toppers by Twosugarbabies
- Decorated sugar cookies by The Cookie Jar
- Peppermint marshmallow pops by lollipopssugarshoppe
PART 2: A Classic Holiday by Anders Ruff coming later – Monday!
WINNER UPDATE: Congratulations to Victoria Sharkey and Donald Yeager for winning a copy of Weddings by Tara Guerard! I wish I could give EVERYone a copy, it’s a fabulous book. We will have some more giveaways this week so stay tuned.