Tea Cookie Basket
Tea cookie baskets can be made for Easter, baby showers, birthdays, and weddings just by changing the color of the ribbon, paper bottoms, and icing. They are easy to make and can also be made by leaving off the icing trim if desired.
Here’s What You Need:
* 6 plain hard tea cookies
* Piece of cardboard, 4 1/2-inches by 2 1/2-inches, for the basket bottom
* Wrapping paper
* Poster paper for handles, 12-inches long by 1-inch wide for each handle
* Ribbon, 1 1/2-inch wide and about 48-inches long for the handle & bow
* Royal Icing Glue (See Sugar Baskets for Easter) and food coloring
* Hot Glue
* Easter grass and goodies
Here’s What To Do:
1. Cut the cardboard paper to the size of two cookies “long” by one cookie “wide” to form a rectangle shape for the bottom of the basket, it should be about 4 1/2-inches by 2 1/2-inches.
2. Cover the cardboard bottom with wrapping paper.
3. Hot glue the cookies to the cardboard bottom, 2 cookies “long” by one 1 cookie “wide” = 6 cookies needed per basket
4. Cut handle out of the poster paper and cover with ribbon by following instructions for making Sugar Basket handles. (See Sugar Baskets for Easter)
5. Hot glue the handle to the bottom of the basket
6. Pipe the sides with icing and fill with goodies Chocolate rabbits, Cadbury eggs, and Peeps are good candy choices for Easter!
images: tablescape by Phronsie’s Tables