So last month I had the pleasure of visiting Hershey’s HQ (total chocolate heaven). I was itching to make a push-up pop with their delicious goodies so I decided on a Hershey’s Hot Cocoa Push-Up Pop! The weather is getting colder (not cold enough however, I want snow). Really though, why is it so warm? Instead of pondering climate change, let’s ponder chocolate, shall we? I used the Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder (the special dark would also be fantastic). Here’s a little picture version of making + assembling (full printable recipe below it).
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (or Special Dark)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (or heavy cream)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla Frosting + Whipped Topping
- Mini Candy Canes
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Alternate dry ingredients and mixing at low speed until all is thoroughly combined (be sure to scrape down sides of bowl as you go).
- Pour and spread the batter into a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- Use push-up pop container to cut out circles. Fill containers with rounds (about 3/4 full).
- Top with vanilla frosting or whipped topping.
- Sprinkle on mini-marshmallows, crushed peppermint, mini candy canes, nutmeg, more cocoa powder, you name it!
Visit the Cookie HQ on Hershey’s site for more sweet ideas from the other Hershey bloggers! Be on the lookout for another sweet Hershey recipe next week!