A lot of readers ask what type of treats I love to give to friends over the holidays. They are looking for easy, delicious recipes that are perfect to give away. Check out some bite size Christmas treats here as well as some easy recipes here. For another idea, I took a few pictures of the RED VELVET CHEESECAKE BITES I gave away to my friends this year! Pair these with a hot buttered rum recipe for a delicious seasonal treat!
RED VELVET BITES
1 box red velvet cake mix
1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 white chocolate baking bar
1. Prepare red velvet cake mix according to box directions. Pour into greased jelly roll pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
2. Use a small 1.5″ circle cookie cutter to cut out small round “bites” from red velvet cake. (optional: bake red velvet cake in mini muffin tin).
3. In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter. Slowly sift in powdered sugar and add in vanilla extract. Beat until frosting consistency.
4. Pipe a small swirl of cream cheese frosting on each red velvet bite. Simply fill a ziploc bag with frosting and snip the corner.
5. Use a grater to grate white chocolate. Sprinkle the white chocolate shavings onto the cream cheese frosted bites.
KRIS KRINGLE’S HOT BUTTERED RUM
Tree Top Spiced Cider
½ cup butter or margarine softened
2 cups brown sugar
½ tsp. ground cloves
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
½ tsp. cinnamon
Use whipped cream for topping if desired
Cinnamon stick for décor
Fill mug ¾ full with cider, add 1 heaping tablespoon of mix and heat until steaming (usually 2 mins. in microwave). Add ½ – 1 ounce rum and stir. Great without topping, but a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream, sprinkled with nutmeg and topped with a cinnamon stick, make this a very special treat. Hold the rum for a great family treat for all ages!
*Recipe from Tree Top Apple Cider!