Christmas is in 2 days! I have toddler toys to build but first, I just had to share one of my favorite holiday appetizers! Cherry almond brie bites are easy to make (especially if you use phyllo cups) and always a crowd pleasing appetizer. You can customize them with your favorite jams or follow my recipe for cherry almond (my favorite).
Cherry and almond have a similar flavor profile and they perfectly compliment the brie. It’s an ooey gooey inside to the crisp edges of the phyllo dough. You can prep these ahead of time and finish the final baking with the brie and jam right before your guests arrive. Might I suggest doubling the recipe as they will go quickly! Serve them up on a pretty cake stand with a touch of greenery for a festive presentation.
- 1 package phyllo sheets or phyllo cups
- 1 brie round
- 1 jar cherry preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Cut rounds of phyllo sheets to fit down into each mini muffin pan. If you’re using phyllo cups, just pop them right into the muffin tins. You can do this from frozen.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until very lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and fill with 1 teaspoon of sliced brie, 1 teaspoon of cherry preserves, and 2-3 almonds.
- Return to oven and bake for 7-9 minutes or until brie cheese has melted and edges of phyllo are golden in color.
For even more holiday ideas, visit my other articles on Homes.com! Or check out the Pinterest boards below!