I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful place to work every day and even more blessed to have an assistant and friend who shares my love for designing parties and entertaining as much as I do. Kate’s creative talents have also led her to be the newest part-time associate of H Three Events in Nashville, so it gives us lots of party stuff to talk about at work and outside of work. When it came time to put a shower together for our co-worker Brittany’s soon to arrive Baby Kinsley, Kate and I leaped at the opportunity to create a sticky sweet party for the newest addition to our work family.
We started with a palette of burlap and lace, but wanted to bring in the always appropriate touch of baby pink. Being the mommy of a wild little boy I forgot how fun it is to be girly! We hit the jackpot in the dollar bins at Michael’s for our “Kinsley” banner and wishing tree keys along with other fun items for our decor. Hobby Lobby helped us out with the rest.
“Kinsley Cookies” Favors
- 1 1/3 cup call purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooking oats
- ¾ cup M&Ms
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white sugar
Layer each ingredient in a large glass jar. Print baking directions on cardstock and tie onto jar with coordinating ribbon.
Additional ingredients to make cookies:
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine wet & dry ingredients in a bowl and stir
- Roll out cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls
- Place on parchment paper or baking sheet and bake on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- 1 pint strawberries chopped
- 1 ripe mango peeled and chopped
- 3 kiwi peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Vanilla bean fruit dip (found in the produce section of Walmart)
Combine fruit, sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice in a bowl and toss to coat. Spoon onto desired serving spoons and top with fruit dip.