If you’re visiting after seeing today’s Tennessee Mornings segment – Welcome! – Enjoy more tips on greening your tailgate below! Be sure to also visit Broccoli Cupcake for more on the healthy tailgate foods you saw this morning!
Green Your Tailgate
It’s easy to go green and enjoy game day with these simple tips!
- Get creative with your table covers! We love the idea of using grass carpeting as a fun, reusable table cover. You can see our post with a grass carpet table cover here. Another neat idea is a t-shirt tablecloth. If you have a collection of old t-shirts with team logos, sew them together for a festive and crafty table cover! Simply throw it in the laundry after each party and you’re good to go!
- There are dozens of options for great eco-friendly tableware available now! We love Seventh Generation and Ultra Green, but there are lots of easy to find options. If you want to add some pizzazz to your biodegradable paper products, simple adorn them with your team’s colors using stickers, ribbon, or let the kids in on the fun and let them decorate your party cups with markers! An even better option? Invest in a set of reusable tableware and a fun traveling bag to reuse for each tailgate!
- Solar powered radios are all the buzz this year, and we love this one by Eton. Don’t stop at the radio because we found a solar powered cooler too! Keep those drinks cold with this one from Sports Authority by Picnic Plus.
- Grilling out is a must for tailgating, but remember to use a propane grill for your eco-friendly tailgate.
- Don’t forget a fun set of reusable containers to take home leftovers!