Happy Birthday Luncheon Table
I love Birthdays — I tend to go all out. My office knows me as the birthday queen. I love reasons to celebrate! These adorable mini birthday cake favors are so fun to make. You can make them any color and fill with all types of candies! You might have seen our post on Mini Wedding Cake Favors – same idea!
Miniature Birthday Cake Favors
Here’s What You Need:
* Recipe of Gum Paste (see Bridesmaid Luncheon: Miniature Wedding Cake Favors)
* Recipe of Royal Icing Glue (see Bridesmaid Luncheon: Miniature Wedding Cake Favors)
* Food coloring
* Cookie cutter, 3-inch round
* Piece of cardboard paper as a pattern, 9 3/4-inches long x 1-inch wide
* Small birthday candle
* Aluminum foil and cookie sheet
Here’s What To Do:
1. Make a recipe of Gum Paste
2. Cut two 3-inch circles and one 9 3/4-inch x 1-inch strip of dough for each cake
3. Place one of the 3-inch round circle on aluminum foil to dry
4. Use the second circle as the bottom of the cake. Dip your finger into water and run around the edge of the circle with a wet finger
5. Wrap the long strip of dough around the circle forming the cake sides. Let it overlap about 1/4-inch and wet again with water to seal. Cut off any excess strip dough. Use aluminum foil balls to brace the sides until it is dry. Let dry overnight.
6. Make a recipe of Royal Icing Glue and divide into two bowls. Color half with the desired color to match your color theme and leave the other half white.
7. Pipe the white icing design first and then complete with colored icing. Do not put the top on the cake until the icing has dried completely on both pieces. If using a candle on the top, insert while the icing is still soft.
8. Let dry overnight and then fill with small candies.
Tablescape & How-To by Phronsie’s Tables