___ GIVEAWAY CLOSED____
We are excited to be giving one LUCKY reader a Silhouette Digital Cutter! I know, the excitement! When Silhouette sent me the Silhouette SD to try out and review, I was oh so excited! A few simple steps and I was already making lots of crafty items. If you have not heard of the Silhouette, then you are in for a TREAT. Let us enlighten you….
“The Silhouette is a digital cutting tool for personal use. It connects to your computer just like a printer, but instead of printing designs it cuts them with a small blade. With the machine connected to your computer, you’ll get access to all of the fonts on your PC plus the thousands of cuttable designs found on the Silhouette Online Store.“ – SilhouetteAmerica.com
It really is that simple! Within 5 minutes (and I’m not tech-savy), I was making little banners with my favorite fonts previously on my computer. You know those fabulous PENNANT BANNERS you’re seeing in lots of parties and weddings? Add letters on top of it without having to use an exacto knife because frankly, I am always a bit nervous I’m going to lose a finger with those things! This machine is genius. The best part? You do NOT have to spend tons of money on cartridges once you already own the machine.
DISCOUNT for PIZZAZZERIE Readers! – UPDATE: DEADLINE MARCH 28, 2011!
In addition to giving 1 away, we are also sharing a fabulous promotion! You can buy a Silhouette SD, one of each fabric interfacing (clean cut & sewable) and a roll of white flocked heat transfer material for $229 (regularly $339). That’s $100 off! So if you are thinking of buying a Silhouette – don’t pay full price later people! Use code PIZZAZZERIE for your discount! Already own a Silhouette? Get 25% off fabric interfacing with code: PIZZAZZERIE! (UPDATE — DISCOUNT CODE GOOD THROUGH MARCH 28, 2011 so hop to it!)
Here are some projects I made this weekend with my Silhouette Digital Cutter.
– Madras Print Pennant Banner. Took me 5 minutes. I couldn’t even believe how easy it was!
– Monogrammed Onesie with seersucker fabric using the Silhouette Fabric Interfacing (amazing). I still need to do a hand stitch around it, but still so much better looking than hand cutting a W.
– Thank You Card with Envelope: this is when I discovered that the Silhouette PERFORATES edges too! Thanks to Pigs in Pajamas for the file on this one!
– Party Pennant Banner Card
– Quatrefoil print card!
– Happy Birthday “pop out” words.
My next project will be glass etching because look at some of the neat gifts + ideas you can make with the vinyl from Silhouette! Imagine cocktail glasses, apothecary jars, and small vases! Even plates and glass picture frames too!
Quatrefoil pillow using the heat transfer material and Buttefly mobile using the Silhouette Machine via Silhouette Blog!
Play sign tutorial via Silhouette Blog.
Subway Art & 3d Butterfly Glass Topper via Silhouette Blog.
OTHER IDEAS for the SILHOUETTE SD!
– Cupcake Toppers in a FLASH!
– Party Place Cards
– Add fabric motifs and monograms to cloth napkins, placemats, tablecloths, t-shirts, banners, towels, bags, hats, etc!
– Make wall art using the vinyl –
– Birthday cards, banners, and gift tags galore!
– You can even use their rhinestone products to bedazzle things! AMAZING!
– Temporary tattoos – yep! They have tutorials for making those too!
– You can also make magnets with magnet paper! Cut out frames for pictures on the fridge!
– the list goes on and ON… check out the Silhouette Blog for dozens of additional ideas!
TO ENTER THE SILHOUETTE SD GIVEAWAY
– Leave a comment below to enter! We encourage you to also visit the Silhouette Blog and leave a comment there as well!
– Become a facebook fan of Silhouette (and if you’re not yet, become a fan of Pizzazzerie to be the first to hear when the winner is announced!)
– If you’re on twitter, we’d love for you to spread the word – tweet “I entered to win a Silhouette Machine from @pizzazzerie http://su.pr/7TH81z“
Deadline to enter is Sunday, March 27th at 11:59pm EST. Winner will be announced MONDAY, MARCH 28th (on Facebook first!)
CLOSED: CONGRATULATIONS ELISSA DAY!