With the Oscars less than a week away, I wanted to share my favorite little treat to enjoy while watching the star-studded event – Cinnamon Sugar Stars and Chocolate Dipping Sauce! They’re similar to churros if you have ever had them, they’re ready in minutes, and oh so delicious. They’re the perfect star-shaped food to serve to guests to enjoy while watching the award show. I love party recipes that are also cute and these stars? The perfect treat for the Oscars!
I also love the “individual treat” idea I’ve picture below with mini martini glasses filled with the chocolate sauce served with a plate of the cinnamon sugar stars. Or serve a larger dish of the chocolate sauce for everyone to share. The chocolate dipping sauce has cinnamon in it which gives it a little extra “something” that I just love. You can even add a little heat with 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- 1 pie crust recipe or store bought homemade recipe here
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 cup cinnamon
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Roll out chilled pie crust and brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Use a star-shaped cutter to cut out stars and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly golden.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine heavy cream and cinnamon until just before boiling. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips.
- Serve cooled stars with chocolate dipping sauce!