Do you know why I love individual salads? A few reasons. First of all, anything individual, single-serve, or miniature is just infinitely more adorable. When it comes to salads, it adds a little fancy flair that makes guests feel special (their very own salad)! Second of all and my personal favorite = toppings. Why? Well, you know when you serve from a large salad bowl that the toppings all fall to the bottom and you end up with a pile of greens? Annoying. Is that just me? Well anyway, individual salads ensure that each guest gets all the delicious and yummy toppings because a pile of leaves really is zero fun. Blueberries, feta, and toasted pecans? A PARTY!
“But Courtney,” you say “I don’t have cute little glass serving bowls that are perfect for mini salads!” Don’t fret! I have served many a mini (haha, “many a mini” ok… I’m still a sleep-deprived new mom) salad in clear “crystal” cups from the grocery store. You know the ones found by the paper plates? Yep! Pull them out of the packaging and get them displayed on a pretty cake stand and all of a sudden they don’t look so bad! Guests can also just toss those in trash or recycling instead of adding to your dishes load. Bonus!
These little salads are packed with flavor from the juicy blueberries, toasted pecans, and creamy feta. The ingredients are a cinch to have on hand (I may or may not top everything with feta crumbles) so it’s easy to throw together for last-minute guests. You can absolutely use spinach or other greens, but I highly recommend arugula because of the peppery taste. No blueberries on hand? Try blackberries or raspberries for a quick swap.
- 3 cups arugula greens
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles (I highly recommend President Feta)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I love fig-flavored balsamic vinegar)
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Toast pecans for 5-6 minutes on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees F.
- Fill each mini container with arugula leaves.
- Top each container with blueberries, toasted pecans, and feta crumbles.
- Drizzle each salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add cracked black pepper atop each salad for an extra kick.
Love this? Check out my Strawberry Poppyseed Spinach Salad too! The dressing is one of my ultimate faves!