Where are my CAKE BATTER fans? If you’re an avid Pizzazzerie reader, you might remember this post that I made of some delish cake batter treats. Well, it’s time to enjoy this fabulous flavor – banana split style! Summer is the perfect time to enjoy some ice cream so I created a simple way to turn this old-fashioned treat into a decadent, cake batter-flavored delight!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bananas, of course!
- ICE CREAM: chocolate, strawberry, + vanilla
- Maraschino cherries
- Whipped topping
- Yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- Vanilla Extract
HOW TO MAKE A CAKE BATTER BANANA SPLIT
- Mix up your cake batter sauce! Instead of traditional hot fudge, we are added our cake batter flavor by making CAKE BATTER SAUCE! Mix 1/2 cup cake mix, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup milk. Whisk together until it’s the consistency of thick pancake-batter.
- Scoop out your ice cream (1 scoop of chocolate, strawberry, + vanilla). You could of course use cake batter flavored ice cream for an extra boost but we went with the 3 traditional flavors.
- Top with a peeled banana
- Pour on your cake batter sauce.
- Top with whipped topping + a maraschino cherry (or 3!).
I believe everything can be made “mini” so I used some simple little plastic cups to turn the cake batter banana splits into bite-sized treats! Or shall I say “two-scoop size”. All you do is layer the ice cream, banana slices, cake batter sauce, whipped topping, sprinkles, and you got it – a cherry! Enjoy!