It’s been awhile since I shared a totally decadent dessert with y’all. Let’s remedy that, shall we? One of my favorite recipes to date are these Ooey Gooey Dulce de Leche Cookie Bars that I shared exactly a year ago! I decided that the world needs more chocolate (we can never have enough chocolate!) so I turned them into Ooey Gooey Dulce de Leche Brownies! They use a store-bought brownie mix so they’re really easy to make in a hurry for bake sales, neighborhood get-togethers, parties, or just a sweet craving!
Serve up these decadent dulce de leche brownies with shot glasses of milk for a dreamy dessert at your next party! Just a warning, they are rich and they are GOOD. You might find you’ll be making them again very soon. They’re not the cut-into-perfect-squares type of brownies, however. These are ooey gooey and oh so perfect.
Enough drooling, right? Ready for the recipe!
- 1 box brownie mix (I used Ghiradelli Double Chocolate) + ingredients to make brownie mix
- 1 14-ounce bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine brownie mix ingredients. Spray a 9x13 pan well with cooking spray.
- Reserve 1 1/4 cup brownie batter and set aside.
- Pour the rest of the brownie batter into the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine caramels, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Stir often to avoid burning.
- Once caramels have completely melted, spread dulce de leche mix over brownies.
- Drop remaining brownie batter in spoonfuls on top.
- Use a knife to swirl together the brownie batter and dulce de leche mixture.
- Return to oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into squares or bars.
Love this recipe? Share it with friends!