So we love chocolate chip cookies at my house. Who doesn’t, right? Sometimes I like to get a bit creative if you hadn’t guessed :) So I swapped Birthday Cake Oreos for chocolate chips. The Birthday Cake Oreo Chip Cookies were created and they are magical. The Birthday Cake Oreos are a new flavor that taste just like cake – yum! You can absolutely use regular Oreos or any other their other flavor varieties too.
Yes, I’m aware I crushed up one cookie and put it into another cookie. But y’all. Make these and you’ll see why! I also added in more sprinkles to really make them cute. Sprinkles never hurt a soul. The more the merrier in my book! They taste like an amazing chocolate chip cookie but cake flavor swapped in instead. The little bites of the Oreo creme are heavenly and taste just like birthday cake! The cookie is crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Perfection!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1.5 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package Birthday Cake Oreos, chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup sprinkles (if you want extra)
- Beat butter until creamy with electric mixer and paddle attachment.
- Add eggs, beating until blended.
- Add pudding mix and vanilla extract and beat until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cornstarch,and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture, beat until blended.
- Stir in Oreo pieces and extra sprinkles.
- Roll dough into balls and flatten slightly on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 10 minutes or until golden brown on edges.