After all the desserts and a holiday weekend of indulging, let’s get back on the boat with a delicious salad recipe, shall we? Don’t worry, a killer dessert is coming your way this week. Meanwhile, what I love about this salad is how gosh darn PRETTY it is. Yes, a salad. Pretty! Which of course makes it perfect for entertaining. I used small glass dessert bowls for the salads and served them up with mini forks.
- Hosting a backyard cookout or pool party? Avoid the glass by serving these up in clear plastic cups (yep, the cheapo kind). They make the perfect salad cups!
- Customize it! Add grilled chicken or shrimp for a full meal. Or swap in blueberries or raspberries for a twist.
If you are serving a group, you can absolutely fill a large salad bowl with this tasty recipe! I just happen to think anything in individual servings is the cutest.
- 1 bag of spinach leaves (10-12 ounces)
- 2 1/2 cups halved strawberries
- 1 cup sliced oranges (or mandarin oranges)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds,, toasted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate, undiluted and thawed
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
- Combine spinach, strawberries, and oranges.
- Blend together the orange juice, raspberry salad dressing, and poppy seeds.
- Pour over salad and gently toss to combine.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds on top.