This post brought to you by Glad & M&M’S®. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Pizzazzerie.
With Christmas just a few days away (OMG!), I hope your house is filled with the aromas of holiday baking, children’s laughter, and lots of holiday movie marathons! It’s not the holidays without lots of yummy treats so why not turn the beloved tradition of holiday baking into a party for your friends and their children! Grab your girlfriends, invite the kids over, and make it a festive occasion. Snap some pictures and make lots of sweet memories!
I grabbed the M&M’S® Holiday Baking Mini’s and the M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint (available at Target) as the inspiration for my holiday baking party. I loved the traditional red and green colors so I designed the party around these festive colors. The party treat that we all made were M&M Magic Cookie Squares. It’s an easy recipe so you don’t have to worry about being a baking master! I also bought a few extra bags of the M&Ms to use as decoration! We filled clear glass apothecary jars and vases with the treats and added a bow in the red and green colors. This is such a simple and super cute way to create a centerpiece! We added in a nutcracker with his own whisk – of course- so he could be part of the baking party too!
Each place setting had their own whisk for baking (tied on with a party straw and cute ribbon), a plate for decorating cookies, milk glass, and a Glad Holiday Storage container for taking home the baked yummies. I loved the cute motif on the Glad storage, it’s festive and seasonal.
I have listed all my holiday baking party tips here in an easy TOP 10 so you can scan it over while planning your own holiday baking party!
HOLIDAY BAKING PARTY TIPS
- Pick a color scheme! Keep it festive and traditional with red + green like I did or pick a crazy color like pink!
- Create place settings. Every baker needs a place to add on sprinkles, roll out dough, etc. Simple paper plates in a fun print will do. They also make for easy clean-up!
- Display baked goods on cake stands for everyone to enjoy!
- Grab cute containers (like Glad Holiday Storage ones) to send home baked goods with your guests!
- Serve up a beverage for all your thirsty bakers. I love milk (or iced coffee) in cute milk glass jars with coordinating straws.
- Create a festive centerpiece by filling apothecary jars with your favorite cookie toppings like M&M’S® Holiday Baking Mini’s and the M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint.
- Give each guest his or her own whisk tied with a boy and use them as decor in your centerpiece too. This carries out the “baking” theme! You could also use mini rolling pins, sprinkle shakers, and wooden spoons!
- Have a main recipe in mind that you’re going to create but also keep simple sugar cookies on hand for simple decorating.
- If you have a Christmas tree at home, use a card table to set up your party in front of the tree for some festive ambiance!
- HAVE FUN! No Chopped Kitchen here, keep things light and fun by picking easy and delicious recipes, enjoying holiday music and laughter, and of course, indulging in lots of yummy desserts!
For my holiday baking party, I served up these delicious M&M Magic Cookie Bars! They’re so good and easy which is always a win/win! Below is the recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup M&M’S® Holiday Baking Mini’s
- 1 cup M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint (available ONLY at Target)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or bark
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine melted butter with graham cracker crumbs and sweetened condensed milk and press down into pan.
- Top with the M&M'S and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over bars, top with extra M&M'S and let cool.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
So head to Target and grab everything you need for a cute and festive holiday baking party!