Who wants a cocktail?! So this frozen concoction was actually part of a summer garden party I hosted last year (you might have seen it here), but I just had to share the recipe with you in case you missed it. I’ve remade this delicious cocktail numerous times. It is always a hit and deserves a top spot in your summer recipe list.
I really would have thought you had lost your mind about putting basil in a fruity drink before I tried these! TRUST ME! It’s absolutely the most delicious frozen drink. The basil adds the perfect kick to the pina colada flavor. And if you haven’t thought about growing your own basil, I highly recommend it. I have a black thumb and even I figured out how to grow a pretty little basil plant this year! Basil is a great garnish for not only drinks but pizzas, pastas, etc.
- 1 can frozen BACARDI® Mixers Piña Colada Mix
- ¾ cup BACARDI® Oakheart Spiced Rum
- ½ cup lime juice
- 10-12 large basil leaves
- 5 cups of ice
- 4 lime wheels for garnishes
- 4 basil leaves for garnishes
- Combine all ingredients except garnishes in a blender and mix on high for about 30 seconds or until completely smooth.
- Pour into a piña colada or collins glass.
- Garnish with basil leaf and lime wheel