Ready for a fabulous homemade candy corn recipe?! Make it with the kids this Halloween, and it is sure to become a family tradition! This is my recipe from Candy Making For Kids and it’s oh so simple. You can even color the candy corn in shades of pink, purple, blue, rainbow, you name it! You could even dust with a little edible glitter for some sparkle too! Everything should have a little sparkle.
Create a double batch and package it up for neighbors, friends, or favors at a Halloween party. They’re just so darn cute!
A tasty and easy way to make your favorite Halloween candy at home, candy corn never tasted so good!
- 1(10-ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 pounds powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- 1/4 cup shortening (not butter flavored)
- yellow + red food coloring
- Melt entire bag of marshmallows with 3 tablespoons of water in a microwavable bowl in 30-second intervals until completely smooth.
- Stir in 3 cups powdered sugar until dough begins to form.
- Rub hands over shortening and begin to knead the marshmallow fondant. Powder a flat surface with powdered sugar. Knead fondant on flat surface and continue to add remaining powdered sugar until smooth and not sticky.
- Divide into 3 balls (small, medium, large). Flatten large ball and add yellow food coloring. Roll and knead until the coloring spreads evenly across ball.
- Repeat with second ball (medium) and a combination of yellow and red food coloring to create orange.
- Roll balls into rectangular shapes and lay side by side. Press together the layers and roll if needed to desired thin-ness. Cut into triangles!
If you love this recipe and want more easy ideas for the kids, grab a copy of my book Candy Making For Kids!