Now that the weather is frosty and the holidays have arrived, it’s time for a cute and tasty snowman treat! Coconut looks like fluffy snow in these easy cake push-up pops that are a simply way to serve up dessert at your holiday party! Let the kids practice their arts ‘n crafts and help decorate the push-up pops for a fun party activity. Get the instructions & details below! Visit Michaels for all the items listed below and their website for more festive, holiday ideas!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Wilton Push Pops (6 per package)
Wilton piping bag & 1M tip
Snowman and snowflake stickers
Blue, silver, and white jingle bells (large)
Snowflake ribbons (thin)
1 recipe white cake *below
1 recipe coconut frosting *below
1 cup flaked coconut
1. Tap into your inner craftista and decorate the push-up pops with fun snowflake crafts. I wrapped a thin layer of snowflake ribbon around the base of the push-up pop. Then, stickers were added and a jingle bell was hot glued to the top of the push-up pop. Repeat until all push-up pops are decorated and ready to be filled.
2. Once white cake recipe is cooled in jelly roll pan, use one push-up pop (flipped over) to cut out 2 circles of cake per each push-up pop (12 cake circles per 6 push-up pops). Place one cake circle in the bottom of each push-up pop.
3. Fill frosting in piping bag with 1M piping tip. Pipe a swirl of frosting on top of each bottom cake circle. Sprinkle a small amount of coconut on top. Next, add the second cake circle to each push-up pop and gently press down. Finish each push-up pop with a big swirl of frosting and sprinkle of coconut.
4. Enjoy your Snowmen Cake Push-Up Pops!
White Cake Recipe
1 cup white sugar
½ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
½ cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a large jelly roll pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time until thoroughly combined.
3. Combine flour with baking powder and combine slowly with wet ingredients.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Coconut Frosting Recipe
1 ½ cups unsalted butter, room temperature
3-4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
¼ cup sweetened coconut
1. Cream butter until whipped and creamy. Add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
2. Add in heavy cream and sweetened coconut.
3. Optional* Add 1 tablespoon coconut extract for extra coconut flavor!