Posted by https://pizzazzerie.com/holidays/christmas-coconut-pecan-cookies/
© 2015 Pizzazzerie. All rights reserved.
Coconut Pecan Cookies
A delicious and easy cookie to make for the Christmas holidays (or any time of year). This coconut pecan cookie recipe is a family favorite!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, whole (for garnish, optional)
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine both sugars and softened butter. Cream together until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in flour, mixing between additions.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Layer baking pan with parchment paper. Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll into 1 ½ inch balls and flatten with the palm of your hand on baking pan. Place one whole pecan in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until slightly golden on bottom. Do not overbake or cookies will be too crunchy!
- Remove from oven and dust with powdered sugar (while warm or cool).