Posted by https://pizzazzerie.com/holidays/july-4th-recipe-cast-iron-apple-pie/
© 2015 Pizzazzerie. All rights reserved.
July 4th Recipe: Cast Iron Apple Pie
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, plus 1 tablespoon melted for crust
- 2 refrigerated rolled pie crusts
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the brown sugar and 1/2 cup of butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and cover with one of the refrigerated pie crusts.
- Add the apple pie filling on top of the crust. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cover with the second pie crust. Brush with melted butter. Add on a dash of cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes (in the cast iron) or until golden brown.
- This is delicious with vanilla ice cream!