Posted by https://pizzazzerie.com/recipes/desserts/mini-baked-samoa-doughnuts/
© 2013 Pizzazzerie. All rights reserved.
Mini Baked Samoa Doughnuts!
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 14 ounces (1 package) wrapped caramels
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 2 cups chocolate, melted
- Sift together cake flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in vanilla, egg, buttermilk, and melted butter until just mixed (do not overmix).
- Bake at 425 degrees for 4-5 minutes (watch carefully to not overbake).
- Let sit to cool before popping out.
- Unwrap caramels and place in microwave-safe bowl with milk and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Microwave at 25-second intervals, stirring in between until fully melted.
- Carefully dip doughnuts into caramel and set on parchment paper. Top quickly with toasted coconut.
- Drizzle chocolate over doughnuts.
- Let cool and serve!