Every summer I headed off to camp in the North Carolina mountains, and I always loved the campfires we would have (and the SMORES we would eat)! Host your own campfire with a fire pit in your backyard – or build your own outdoor fire! The memories you will make roasting s’mores will certainly last a lifetime – I cherish mine!
So I thought I’d share some fun + delicious s’more desserts for you to try! They’d also be fabulous for any backyard barbecue or dinner party as well as children’s “campfire” themed parties!
Whip up a batch of S’more Cupcakes! They take a bit of work but they’re oh so worth it and you’ll definitely want “s’more”!
6 graham cracker boards (oblongs)
2 Tbsp each sugar and melted butter
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
1/2 cup each canola oil and water
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
8 large egg whites
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Crumbs: Process graham crackers in food processor until fine crumbs. Add sugar and butter; pulse until blended. Spoon about 2 tsp into each muffin cup. Top with 1 tsp mini chocolate chips.
3. Cupcakes: In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt until blended. In medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs, oil, water and vanilla until blended; whisk into flour mixture until smooth.
4. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
5. Place egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer. Set over a saucepan with simmering water. Whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are warm to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Transfer bowl to electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat, starting on low speed, gradually increasing to high, until stiff, glossy peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes. Add vanilla, and mix until combined. Use immediately.
7. Top cupcakes with marshmallow frosting and garnish with chocolate bar and extra graham cracker crumbs!
These little bite-size morsels taste JUST like s’mores! Delicious and the perfect favor for a backyard patio party! Whip up these little yummies but beware – you’ll want to make extra because they’ll go fast!
S’MORE TRUFFLE RECIPE
9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (about 1.25 cups)
2/3 cup cream
4 graham cracker sheets (or 1 cup graham cracker crumbs)
1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
2 tablespoons butter
Melt butter in medium sized saucepan. Whisk in cream and bring to rapid boil. Remove pan from heat and stir in chocolate chips. Place saucepan in refrigerator for around 1 hour or until firm. Using your hands, roll chocolate into ball around mini marshmallow. Repeat. Roll truffles in crushed graham crackers. Place in refrigerator to harden. Serve + enjoy!
Visit The Bakery Spot for more delicious dessert recipes!