Top 10 Pumpkin Recipes
First things first, congrats to AMY SMITH for winning the Little Monsters Giveaway! For those of you who did not win, we will have lots of additional giveaways soon and you can purchase Little Monsters HERE!
Top 10 Pumpkin Recipes
Halloween is all about the pumpkin. From carving to pie, the pumpkin is the iconic Halloween symbol. From the traditional pumpkin pie to the trendy pumpkin whoopie pie, I adore this festive, fall flavor. Check out our Top 10 Pumpkin Recipes below!
1. Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars – To.Die.For.Amazing. Chocolate and pumpkin are two of my favorite flavors so mix these together with cheesecake and you have the most delectable gourmet dessert for Halloween! Recipe Here!
2. Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of pumpkin seeds
1 cup dried currants
1 Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2 Beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3 Add the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree and beat for another 3 minutes.
4 In a separate bowl combine the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cardamom and cinnamon and whisk together. Slowly add it to the butter mixture until just combined, being sure to scrape down the sides and bottom once or twice to ensure even mixing.
5 Fold in the pumpkin seeds and currants. Drop spoonfuls of dough on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Allow to cool on the tray for a minute or two to set, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Recipe courtesy of Meghan Gallagher. Image courtesy of Flickr User, KevandEm.
3. Roasted Pumpkin Soup – This is the perfect soup for a chilly night! Turn on the stove and grab your favorite movie for this soup night. Recipe Here.
4. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies – These cuties are the perfect treat to serve on your Halloween table. I will be making them this year for favors for a small party I’m hosting. Get creative and add in chocolate chips or even coconut! Get the Recipe Here!
5. Pumpkin Pecan-Praline Pie – Growing up and living in the South, pecan-praline pie is an all around favorite. I love this pumpkin twist. Try it this Halloween or Thanksgiving! Or heck, try it some random Tuesday night, because it’s just that good. Get the recipe here.
6. Agave Nectar Pumpkin Muffins – Nashville Photographer and friend, Kristen Steele, shared this recipe with us. She says, “I had the most AMAZING pumpkin muffins made by my little sis Caroline who’s a really great cook & I asked her who gave her the recipe. It turns out that these pumpkin muffins don’t just taste great, they’re healthy for you too… at least the original recipe is. My sis & I decided that the pumpkin muffins needed chocolate chips too, but they are optional! :)”
Agave Nectar Pumpkin Muffins
1 1/2c Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 c butter
3/4 cup agave nectar
1 cup pumpkin
1 cup chopped toasted walnuts*
1 cup chocolate chips*
In medium bowl, combine first 7 ingredients and set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light; beat in agave, egg and pumpkin. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just blended; stir in walnuts (or chocolate chips). Spoon into 12 greased or paper lined 2 1/2 inch muffin cups. Bake at 350℉ fir 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
7. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds – When you’re done carving the pumpkin, use the seeds for this delicious treat. Mix them with fall colored M&Ms and fill mini bags for favors! Get the recipe here.
8. Pumpkin Ginger Waffles – Add some pizzazz to your Halloween morning with these pumpkin ginger waffles. Top with a sprinkle of pumpin pie spice and cinnamon! Get the recipe here!
9. Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate-Almond Bark and Toffee Sauce – The king of all ice cream pies, this chilly pumpkin pie will fulfill your sweet tooth! Get the recipe here.
10. Pumpkin Trifle Recipe – I love trifles because not only can you serve them in a traditional trifle bowl with cute layers, but you can also fill mini tasting dishes. Try Pier1’s tasting dish line. Get the recipe for this yummy pumpkin trifle here.
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
These look awesome. Great top 10!
Fantastic round-up! I looooove ANYTHING pumpkin. For your whoopie pies, you could also try a maple buttercream frosting inside — they’re really good that way! Just add maple syrup to the usual confectioner’s sugar and butter. YUM. : )
Yummy, yummy, yummy! I love pumpkin, and always love this time of year for all the yummy pumpkin foods. I’m craving those waffles now!
i think i just gained 10lbs…that trifle looks so goooood!!
I love pumpkin, great pics!! I’m making pumpkin muffins this weekend! :)
I love pumpkin soup and always make it for halloween it is a tradition in our house. Those pumpkin Chocolate cheese calke bars sure do look good. I might make those too and cut out in a pumpkin shape. I always love your post and get inspired bu you.
Mrs. Mix It
So I just heard that today is National Pumpkin Day! What a perfect time for a pumpkin round-up. I’ve been craving some pumpkin waffles lately, too :)
Such an inspiring and YUMMY top 10!!! Thanks for posting!
Hmmm I love all things pumpkin going to make some of these! yummo
What a lovely collection of recipes!
Courtney – this is just mean/ wonderful. Pumpkin is an easy direct route to my heart
I am definitely going to try this recipe, it looks fantastic!
I think that whole grains are a very important thing to have in your routine diet.
Oh yum! Everything looks so delicious. I’m definitely making the agave pumpkin muffins this weekend. They sound so amazing.