Chocolate Chip Mega Cookies!
Servings 18 -20 big cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed Dixie Crystals dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 package 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1.5 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups coconut
- 1-1/2 cups nuts chopped pecans or walnuts or mix
- 1 cup uncooked quick cooking oats
- sea salt
Beat shortening and butter until creamy with electric mixer and paddle attachment.
Gradually add sugars, beating well until creamy.
Add eggs, beating until blended.
Add pudding mix and vanilla extract and beat until blended.
Combine flour, baking soda, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture, beat until blended.
Stir in oats, chocolates, nuts, and coconut.
Use a large cupcake batter or ice cream scoop to make large rounds (roughly 2-3 inch balls). Push down with the bottom of a measuring cup or glass to flatten slightly.
Bake at 375 for 12-13 minutes. Watch carefully and pull out as soon as edges start to brown. Don't overbake!