If you know me, you know I love desserts. I spend countless hours designing up, baking, and decorating elaborate treats for dinner parties (I even have another blog devoted to those sweet somethings). So when it comes to the actual meal, I’m usually covered in flour, exhausted, and totally clueless as to what to serve guests before dessert. I have to remember not everyone views cupcakes at the top of the food pyramid.
Thankfully for me (and all of you!), ConAgra & Kroger (Give Every Night New Flavor) are sharing some of their favorite recipes that are perfect for serving to friends at parties! They asked me to try out a couple of their faves (see my review of Bean Enchilada Casserole), tough job huh? So last night I whipped up Creamy Chicken Pasta Skillet. My fiance literally had no idea who stole his future wifey and replaced her with a cooking machine. The house smelled ah-mazing.
So here are all the ingredients you need. Not too bad as I already stock several of these in my pantry (ahem, PAM.. I have 3 spray bottles at any given time. Obsession. Won’t ever have a cake stick again…)!
6 servings (1-1/3 cups each)
- 8 ounces dry rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Meanwhile, spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and soup; cook 5 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Add peas; mix well.
- Drain pasta; place in large serving bowl. Add chicken-tomato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Serving Size: 6 servings (1-1/3 cups each)
Calories:378 (totally not bad!)
Totally DELISH! I just enjoyed leftovers for lunch today, as I write this actually!
Want coupons for the ingredients used to make this recipe? Hop over to GiveEverNightNewFlavor.com and you can find digital coupons (they load right to your shopper card). Just create a simple account on www.Kroger.com (or your grocery store’s site from the options). Coupons will expire 1/31/12. So pick up these ingredients today!
If you’re on twitter, I’ll be giving away a KROGER GIFT BASKET to a lucky “tweeter” so share this post with the hashtag #krogerrecipes for your chance to win! “I want to win a @kroger gift basket from @pizzazzerie http://wp.me/pRUPb-1kEY #krogerrecipes”
This is a sponsored post. Compensation and/or products were received in exchange for my thoughts and review. All words and opinions are my own.