When Anais Events set out to design a 50th birthday party for a client whose personal history included roots from Kerala, South India, Kenya, London, and San Francisco, they opted for a Travel Inspired Birthday Party full of global details and gorgeous designs! Our favorite elements? Passport invites, luggage tag place cards, global food, and a fitting “travel themed” cake by Fleur De Cocoa. Anais Events thoroughly impressed us with their details + design. Read on for lots of from Anais Events….
Background: A silicon-valley CEO’s milestone birthday inspired by the client’s personal history and achievements. Born in Kenya, with roots from Kerala, South India, schooled at the London School of Economics and now residing in the San Francisco Bay Area – this client is an inspiration for female enterpreneurs everywhere. We put together a luxurious travel-inspired event for 100 of their closest friends and family amongst hanging aviation displays at the Hiller Aviation Museum (California’s largest aviation museum that showcases work going on in the bay area before the Wright Brothers did their thing on the other side of the country!).
- The cocktail area was infused with rich, warm yellow and tangerine colors against chic ivory linens and displays.
- The dinner/dancing area was in a cooler pallete with silvers and blues accented with crystals and glass. The only pop of color was in the bright flowers!
- Personalized luggage tags used as place cards
- The traditional head ornament worn by elephants during festivals in Kerala, the Nettipattam (made of solid gold) was used as a hanging display in addition to south indian festival umbrellas and brass pieces.
- Custom logo motif used through out the event stationery from passport invitations to the menu, dessert signage, and dance floor gobo.
- Leather luggage props used as containers for the lush floral arrangements.
VENDORS + CREDITS
- Venue: Hiller Aviation Museum; www.hiller.org
- Photography: AK Sandhu Photography; www.aksandhu.com
- Planning and coordination: Akaar Events; www.akaarevents.com
- Event Design, florals, stationery & styling: Anais Events; www.anaisevents.com
- Catering and hospitality: Amber India San Francisco; www.amber-india.com
- Cake: Fleur De Cocoa; www.fleurdecocoa.com
- Special event lighting: Avenue Illumination; www.avenueillumination.com
- Lounge furniture: CORT; www.cort.com
- Dance floor: Bickner; www.bicknerdancefloors.com
- Live band: Liverwire Band; www.lwband.com
- DJ: Ultra Soundz Entertainment; www.ultrasoundzentertainment.com