Learn how to make your own lace rosettes, a sweet craft you can use to embellish various projects, garlands, home decor, and more!
These lace rosettes are such a sweet detail to tie on to a gift, use in a party garland, or use for home decor. They’re also super simple to make!
Lace Rosettes Step-by-Step Tutorial
Here is the finished rosette! Isn’t is pretty?
You can recreate this with lace of any color or pattern! The tutorial is the same.
More Craft Ideas to Try:
DIY Lace Rosettes
- 1 piece Lace at least 10 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide (if you go much wider then you have to change the way they are made)
- Embroidery thread in the same color as the lace (I used two small strands from one piece, as I wanted it stronger than thread)
- Embroidery needle
- Tie a thick knot at the end of your thread, and thread through the end of the lace ribbon.
- Weave the needle in and out of the lace ribbon about every 1/4 inch.
- Pull thread through, and continue weaving in and out.
- At about 5 inches, straighten out the lace ribbon to make sure all the thread is pulled through and the ribbon lays flat.
- Start pushing down the lace ribbon while pulling the thread tight – this will form the rosette. This is also a good spot to gauge how much more weaving, if any, you might have to do.
- If it is needed, continue weaving the needle and thread in and out of the lace ribbon.
- Once the circle is complete, lay it down and figure out where you want the ends to meet. Be sure to line up the ends here.
- Once you decide on an ending point, thread the needle through both layers of lace ribbon a couple times to join them together.
- Trim off the excess ribbon.
- Finish the rosette with a knot in back.