Don’t wait until July to break out the red, white, and blue! Start with Memorial Day and create a “budget friendly patriotic party” like this one sent in by Her Royal Heinous and Magnolia Creative Co. Perfect for a summer barbecue or a military welcome home party! Full of easy and inexpensive details + tips, sit back and enjoy these festive photos!
CREATING A BUDGET FRIENDLY PATRIOTIC PARTY
Emily Welch of Magnolia Creative Co. designed the printables to help set the tone for a classic American themed party! They relied on Dollar store finds, previously purchased items and a lot of homemade baking.
- Originally we discussed covering the entire table with a white cloth – but that would have hidden the charm of the picnic table. Simple burlap fabric was used.
- The flags were left over from Amelia’s husband’s return home from Baghdad but you can find them anywhere now during this time of year.
- A few $1 tins from Hobby Lobby, some sand and the flowers from a local store created a great backdrop for the all American party.
- The apples for the garland were half off at Hobby Lobby, just threaded with some twine through and added ribbon accents to the end.
- The white tableware and burlap table runner for the main table were already owned. As well as the Dollar Tree sink shelves that were sprayed white and used for almost EVERYTHING now. It makes a PERFECT table riser to display anything! Clean and simple.
- For drinks we had Pellegrino + Cane Cola (decorated with printable bottle wraps) and lemonade served in traditional mason jars.
- The food was traditional, hot dogs, potato chips, sugar cookies, cupcakes, cake pops and a Cherry Pie complete with a printable USA cake bunting.
- The hot dogs were wrapped in pattern sheets from the printable collection and tied with twine.
- DOLLAR STORE FINDS: Again our dollar store finds of placemats, napkins and tin buckets added the perfect pop to our table.
- Place settings were topped off with more printables tied with twine and completed with favor bags filled with bubble gum and peppermints.
FLEXIBLE PARTY THEME: As Emily shared, “This party can be used for Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day or a Welcome Home Party which is very close to our hearts as Amelia’s husband is in the Air Force and returned home from deployment in December. With a few minor changes this theme can even be used for a baseball party.”
VENDORS + SHOPPING GUIDE
Paper printables: Magnolia Creative Co.
Party styling and photography: Her Royal Heinous
Apples, paper flowers on chairs, burlap fabric, glassware, flag garland and ribbon: Hobby Lobby
Placemats, napkins and baskets: Dollar Tree
White plates: World Market
Plate stand: Layla Grace
Ketchup, mustard and relish holder: Pottery Barn
Red, white and blue buckets: Target – $1 Section
Red and white straws: Hey YoYo