Summer brings with it lots of patriotic celebrations from Memorial Day and July 4th to wrapping up the season with Labor Day! I wanted to share a simple + sweet recipe for strawberry pies, patriotic style! They’re perfect for a casual family dinner or cute enough for a big BBQ bash! You can personalize them (blueberries would be a great blue alternative) or keep with the recipe below. Either way, they’re sure to be a hit. I love strawberries (and I’ve been growing them on my deck) so I used those! Pie crusts make the cute stars on top. See full recipe below…
You could also make these in mini pie tins too (if you’re headed to a party, for example) or use ramekins like I did. You could even let kids cut out their initial or other shape from the pie crust.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop up strawberries until diced.
- Toss strawberries with flour, sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, and salt.
- Fill ramekins with pie filling and bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Thaw pie crust and cut out star shapes. Remove ramekins from oven and add stars. Return to oven for 10-15 minutes or until stars are golden brown.
- Let cool (filling is hot!) and enjoy!