I recently had the pleasure of hosting a sweet baby shower for my friend Kristen Steele. She’s awaiting the arrival of a darling baby boy so it was an absolute pleasure to shower her + the little one with a baby shower. It was yellow, baby blue, and navy themed with Children’s Books incorporated throughout! We built up baby boy’s library with all the classics. It was such a wonderful time, and I had an absolute blast with the party details. Check out the pictures below!
- Guests signed a sweet “library book” poster (designed by Paper & Pigtails) that we framed for the guest book.
- The party menu was influenced by my favorite children’s books. See below for full list.
- Kristen’s friend Elizabeth Higgenbotham made the most darling cookies that were just perfect.
- Favors were chocolate chip cookies packaged up next to “If You Give A Mouse A Cookie” book!
- I love the patterns of Midori Ribbon and used it to decorate everything from the bow tie on the bear’s tricycle to wrapping gifts.
- Be on the lookout for one of my fave details – bow tie garland!
- A bold yellow and white stripe fabric made the perfect tablecloth!
This shower was so fun to put together, and we all loved watching Kristen build baby’s library! Below are the list of food items + corresponding books if you’re throwing a children’s book themed shower and need ideas!
Baby Shower Menu
If You Give a Dog A Donut – Donut Cake
Popcorn Poems – Caramel Popcorn Mix
Ten Apples Up On Top – Mini Apple Crumbles
Dragons Love Tacos – Mini Taco Cups
Goodnight Moon – Mini Chocolate Moon Pies
Go Dog Go! – White Chocolate “Bark”
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie – Cookie Favors
Styling: Phronsie Dial + Courtney Whitmore | Party Popcorn Cups, Donut Cake Flags: Shop Sweet Lulu | Ribbon: Midori | Bow Garland: The Flair Exchange | Invitation: Banter & Charm | Library Sign Poster: Paper & Pigtails