Hi Friends! Any popcorn lovers? I’m definitely a popcorn lover. Popcorn is a delicious and easy party food (you don’t even have to turn on the oven). I’ve seen a few different flavored popcorn ideas floating around Pinterest so it had my wheels turning this weekend as I watched college basketball with the fiance and puppy. Feeling rather girly, I decided to create PINK PARTY POPCORN! I’m telling you, it’s addictive + delish! Just the right amount of sweetness!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package popcorn (I used Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop)
- 1 package pink candy melts (Wilton makes these, you can find them at Michaels as well as other craft stores)
- sprinkles (I used multi-colored confetti sprinkles I found at TJ Maxx)
1. Pop your popcorn per instructions and place in a large bowl.
2. Pour roughly 1/2 the package of candy melts into a microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave the candy melts at 30 second intervals (stirring between intervals) until fully melted. I usually add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the melted candy to give it a shine as well as make it a bit looser. This is optional, however.
4. Fold over the sides of a Ziploc bag. Use a spoon to fill the bag with the melted candy. Fold back up the sides and use scissors to cut a small hole in the corner.
5. Drizzle the pink candy over the popcorn. Add as much or little as you like!
6. Sprinkle with yep.. you got it.. sprinkles!
7. Let sit for 15-20 minutes to allow the candy melts to harden so you don’t have any mess hands while eating.
FUN IDEAS FOR PARTY POPCORN
- Candy melts come in all sorts of colors, try pastel pink or blue for baby showers, red for Valentine’s Day, pastels for Easter, etc!
- Spice things up with sprinkles! From hearts to disco dust, there are countless ways to jazz up party popcorn!
- Make popcorn balls and then drizzle with candy melts + sprinkles for individual treats.
- Fill small cellophane favor bags with party popcorn, tie with a cute bow, and give as favors at parties!