Now that the holidays are upon us, it’s time to celebrate with some new baking recipes! I love red velvet cake and I love chocolate chip cookies so it’s really a wonder why I hadn’t already combined these two into the perfect little cookie bar! No better time than Christmas season, right? The thing is, these Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars aren’t just your typical chocolate chip cookies on top of red velvet cake. The chocolate chips? They’re not just chocolate chips. They’re Nestlé® Toll House® DelightFulls™ Filled Baking Morsels! They’re chocolate chips FILLED with caramel. I’ll let that one soak in for a minute. Good luck not eating the whole bag before they make it into your cookie bars…(p.s. they also come in mint, peanut butter, and cherry).
I love the chewy layer of red velvet for the holidays too because it adds a pop of red to any party table. Or package them in cellophane bags with a bow for simple homemade gifts. The DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels in the cookie layer are the cat’s meow, y’all! That extra punch of caramel is so delicious. Now that I have played around baking with them, I want to use them in so many ways (no-bake cheesecakes, trail mix, etc). Here are lots of fabulous recipes too! Just as an extra note, you could get really chocolate chip-crazy and add the Nestlé regular baking morsels into the red velvet layer too! Why not, friends?!
Try this delicious red velvet chocolate chip cookie bar recipe this holiday season!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups Nestlé® Toll House® DelightFulls™ Filled Baking Morsels (Caramel)
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, combine red velvet cake mix with 1 stick butter (melted), 2 large eggs, pudding mix, and vegetable oil. Mix well (2-3 minutes).
- Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray. Then spread the red velvet brownie layer into the pan. It will be VERY thick, use the back of a spoon (or clean hands) to help spread it into all edges of the pan.
- For cookie layer, cream together remaining 2 sticks butter (softened) and sugars with electric mixer and paddle attachment.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry mixture to mixing bowl in increments and mix until just combined.
- Stir in Nestlé® Toll House® DelightFulls™.
- Spread cookie layer on top of red velvet batter and press down until covered completely.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until cookie layer is golden brown on top.
- Let cool and slice into bars.
I’m pretty obsessed. You know what else I thought might be fun? Layer it AGAIN and make a striped bar. This is how my mind works, y’all. It’s crazy. But truly, this is a delicious recipe that would also be tasty topped with a scoop of ice cream for the ultimate cookie sundae. Or eaten right out of the pan, whatever. As you know, I love a good party so my favorite way to serve these is bite size on a scalloped white cake stands with polka dot napkins, of course.
The same NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® chocolate you know and love now filled with rich caramel, peanut butter, mint, and cherry flavored filling. Add these new filled baking morsels to your favorite recipes for a special twist on the classic, or try experimenting with them in a recipe you’ve never tried before!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®. The opinions and text are all mine.