Red Velvet Recipes
So with the holiday season upon us, it was only natural to bring back my love for red velvet with a delicious bite-size candy that is perfect for packaging for gifts or serving up on a tray for family and friends. Behold, the Red Velvet Truffle. It’s super easy, no chocolate dipping required!
After the cake ball truffles are made, you simply roll them in chopped nuts. You could also roll them in cocoa powder, sweetened coconut flakes or even dip them in melted chocolate or white chocolate.
You can certainly tweak this to your favorite flavors. Try it with a chocolate mix – yum! Or you could even roll them in pecans, whatever you fancy! Walnut & Red Velvet is my personal favorite because I love the red color for the holidays.
Let’s take a look inside, shall we? They’re super decadent and such an easy treat to make!
So the next time you’re looking for a delicious and easy holiday candy recipe, may I suggest these cake ball truffles! Yum!
More Holiday Treats to Enjoy:
Red Velvet Truffles
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup vanilla frosting - or cream cheese frosting
- 2 cups chopped walnuts - or pecans, etc.
- Begin by baking the red velvet cake according to the package (with 3 eggs, 1 cup water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil). I baked mine in a 9×12 brownie pan. Let cool and crumble in large mixing bowl.
- Soften the cream cheese and mix together with red velvet cake crumbs. Add in frosting (the extra moistness helps the walnuts stick). If your walnuts still don’t stick, wetting your fingers with water as you work will do the trick!
- Roll truffles in walnuts. Store in refrigerator to firm.