The holidays are here! One of my absolute favorite activities over the holidays is spending an afternoon in the kitchen whipping up lots of sweet treats to package for teachers, neighbors, and friends! This year, these White Chocolate Snowflake Muddy Buddies are at the top of my must-make list! Muddy Buddies are the perfect sweet treat to enjoy while watching Christmas movies all snuggled up with family, am I right? My daughter and I put a twist on the classic recipe because we are dreaming of snow here in Tennessee this winter. We can hope, right?! We’ll at least have our White Chocolate Snowflake Muddy Buddies with cute little snowflake sprinkles on top.
Let’s chat about how to make these, shall we? It’s easy and you can keep all the ingredients on hand so you can make some when you’re snowed in this winter season, or just watching the movie Frozen as we do on repeat this time of year! This Muddy Buddy recipe would make the PERFECT addition to a Frozen-themed party!
Back to making these, so you’ll just use Rice Chex™ which are easy to find in the store! They’re naturally gluten-free also, which I didn’t realize! I love to package Chex up in baggies in my purse when I’m on the go with my daughter, it’s the perfect “grab and go” snack. For the holidays though, I love to sweeten things up with these muddy buddies!
White Chocolate Snowflake Muddy Buddies
- 9 cups Rice Chex™
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup snowflake sprinkles
- Into large bowl, measure out 9 cups of Rice Chex™.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into a large plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Top with sweetened coconut flakes, mini marshmallows, and snowflake sprinkles.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Speaking of all things frozen, I love to freeze muddy buddies and eat them straight from the freezer. My good friend Liz used to bring frozen muddy buddies to our accounting glass in graduate school, and I’m fairly certain it was the only thing that helped us survive that course! Truly, they’re great cold. Package them up in cute containers or simple cellophane bags with a big bow! Add on a gift tag, and you’re ready to gift these white chocolate snowflake muddy buddies. Your friends and family will LOVE YOU!
I love the trio of toppings (mini marshmallows, sweetened coconut flakes, and snowflake sprinkles) but you could absolutely omit one if you prefer! The real magic comes with using white chocolate chips, yum! Good luck making it to the actual “packaging up” stage because you’ll be eating them straight from the baking sheet as they cool!
I hope you enjoy this little twist on the classic muddy buddy recipe! And check out some more sweet (and savory) ideas on Chex.com!
Thanks to Chex for sponsoring this post!