How to Make Mini Tacos: BBQ Chicken Style!
Watch out! I’m back with another “mini” version of another favorite party food…TACOS!! Who doesn’t love tacos, truly!? It’s the ultimate crowd-pleasing fave! However, friends, you know me! Food for parties is best served “mix and mingle” style so I am sharing my easy little trick for making teeny tiny tacos! You can serve them “soft taco” style or “hard taco” style, it’s up to you! Plus, the hostess duties just got even easier because you can now find HORMEL® Taco Meats at the grocery store, hooray! Here’s why I love them: all-natural beef, chicken, or pork varieties, fully cooked, perfectly pre-seasoned, and easy to find (refrigerated section). Ok, enough chatter, let’s take a look at these adorable mini tacos (who knew a taco could be so cute)!
How To Make Mini Taco Shells
- Use a round cookie cutter (I used a 3 inch) to cut out as many mini taco shells as you want! You can use flour or corn tortillas, your preference. Quickly spray with non-stick cooking spray and microwave for 10 seconds to make them “bendable” without tearing.
- Turn a cupcake/muffin tin upset down and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place your warm taco shells (folded in half) between the muffin spaces so they will bake in a “taco” shape!
- Ta-da! Take a look at your handy-work and get ready to fill them with your favorite toppings. Check out my recipe for Mini BBQ Chicken Tacos below. They’re DELISH!
Now for this delicious BBQ Chicken Taco recipe! You can certainly make these in regular “non-mini” size tacos or even serve it taco-salad style. I just happen to love the mini tacos for parties and group meals. Also, I love crumbled feta in this recipe, but you can certainly sub in your favorite cheese! Since the taco meat is already pre-seasoned, this recipe is a cinch to make! Time to up your mini taco game…
Mini BBQ Chicken Tacos
- 24 mini taco shells - see post for how-to
- 1 package HORMEL® Taco Meats Shredded Chicken
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro - diced (about 1/8 cup diced)
- Prepare taco shells according to post instructions.
- Heat HORMEL® Taco Meats Shredded Chicken
- Fill each taco shell with chicken, corn, and feta.
- Garnish each taco with a drizzle of BBQ sauce and a sprinkle of diced cilantro.
Check out more about the HORMEL®Taco Meats here! And check back soon for a super fabulous way to serve your tacos on taco night! Cheers! P.S. Follow along with #TacoGoals for more!
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
How long do you bake the taco shells?
Am I supposed to bake the shells? Temp? Time?
How long and what temperature do you bake the taco shells? With the filling in them or without?
Hi! I baked mine at 400 for about 15 minutes or so, until they started to brown a bit on the edges. Then let them sit and cool for a few minutes or they won’t maintain their shape.
Instead of premade chicken, I also boiled my chicken in garlic and chili powder, shredded it and mixed it with honey bbq sauce, a touch of red hot and a bit of apple cider vinegar. They were yummy!
can i make the shells the day before?
You can, I’d pop them in the oven for 5 minutes to crisp up (or air fryer for 2 minutes) b/c they might not be very crispy the next day since they’re baked not fried.