Summer of Citrus: DIY Party Tablescape
I’m declaring this the summer of citrus! From lemon chess pie to citrus iced tea sangria, I’m loving all things citrus! Of course, we have to have a gorgeous party tablescape for all those summer get-togethers! Even if you’re not much of a party hostess, I encourage you to still jazz up those family dinners. Headed outside to enjoy the weather? Swap your typical dishes for something a bit more … festive!
Design Design is one of my very favorite party tableware companies, and when they sent over a few of their darling party lines to show me, I knew exactly which one I wanted to style up and share with you! You might have even noticed the adorable napkins on this little teddy table (they’re from Design Design too). I have their site bookmarked on my browser because they always have the cutest designs for every occasion. The new party issue of Better Homes & Gardens called paper plates and tableware “throwaway chic”, and I have to agree. Chic is the correct answer! Plus, cleanup is a breeze. Hooray (especially if you have little kids).
I want to inspire you to style your own Citrus Party! This is especially perfect for summer dinner parties (or even a birthday party), and it’s fabulous for beach vacations too. You simply toss it when you’re done. EVEN THE TABLE RUNNER! I know, isn’t it cute? It can also be perforated into placemats, double whammy! I love how it’s all coordinated. The only thing I added was fresh sliced lemons, grapefruits, and greenery! You could easily package this up for a picnic or vacay. Or gift it all pulled together for a friend or new neighbor. Wouldn’t this be the cutest little gift to receive?
DIY PARTY TABLESCAPE
- Start with a clean table base (or a solid color tablecloth like white, orange, yellow, or green). I prefer white because I like how clean and crisp it is. It allows those vibrant citrus colors to really pop!
- Next up is your fun table runner! You can also perforate them to use as placemats if you prefer. I love the table runner because it creates a base for my citrus centerpiece.
- Your “fresh squeezed” citrus centerpiece is easily created by arranging sliced grapefruits and lemons down the center of the table. Add in a few touches of greenery (we grabbed these stems straight from the yard). Tuck them in around the citrus fruits.
- Layer the dinner plates with dessert plates on top (TIP: dessert plates can also double as a great salad or appetizer plate).
- Cups hold the flatware and napkins! I chose a simple white cutlery.
- I also tucked in these Geo Citrus Napkins under each dinner plate because I love how the print coordinated so well with the theme!
What to serve at your Citrus Party? I’ve put a few suggestions below! Happy hostessing!
- Grapefruit Grilled Chicken
- Frozen Rosé Grapefruit Cocktail
- Mixed Citrus Green Salad
- Southern Lemon Chess Pie
- Lemon Blueberry Almond Bites
Meanwhile, keep your party hat on and browse through the fun party designs at Design Design!
Pizzazzerie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Programs and other affiliate services. This means that pizzazzerie.com receives a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and other sites at no cost to the readers.
Courtney’s Latest book
Get Your Copy!
In The Southern Entertainer’s Cookbook, Courtney Whitmore shares her party go-tos, over 75 delicious crowd-pleasing recipes. Featured as a must-have cookbook in Southern Living Magazine.
I love this table design!!! I want to duplicate it for a brunch but cannot seem to find the plates and napkins. How do I go about purchasing them?
Hi Leone, this was about 6 years ago and I don’t believe the brand (called Design Design) has these anymore. I’m sorry!