I’m declaring this the summer of citrus! From lemon chess pie to citrus iced tea sangria, I’m loving all things citrus! Of course, we have to have a gorgeous party tablescape for all those summer get-togethers! Even if you’re not much of a party hostess, I encourage you to still jazz up those family dinners. Headed outside to enjoy the weather? Swap your typical dishes for something a bit more … festive!
Design Design is one of my very favorite party tableware companies, and when they sent over a few of their darling party lines to show me, I knew exactly which one I wanted to style up and share with you! You might have even noticed the adorable napkins on this little teddy table (they’re from Design Design too). I have their site bookmarked on my browser because they always have the cutest designs for every occasion. The new party issue of Better Homes & Gardens called paper plates and tableware “throwaway chic”, and I have to agree. Chic is the correct answer! Plus, cleanup is a breeze. Hooray (especially if you have little kids).
I want to inspire you to style your own Citrus Party! This is especially perfect for summer dinner parties (or even a birthday party), and it’s fabulous for beach vacations too. You simply toss it when you’re done. EVEN THE TABLE RUNNER! I know, isn’t it cute? It can also be perforated into placemats, double whammy! I love how it’s all coordinated. The only thing I added was fresh sliced lemons, grapefruits, and greenery! You could easily package this up for a picnic or vacay. Or gift it all pulled together for a friend or new neighbor. Wouldn’t this be the cutest little gift to receive?
DIY PARTY TABLESCAPE
- Start with a clean table base (or a solid color tablecloth like white, orange, yellow, or green). I prefer white because I like how clean and crisp it is. It allows those vibrant citrus colors to really pop!
- Next up is your fun table runner! You can also perforate them to use as placemats if you prefer. I love the table runner because it creates a base for my citrus centerpiece.
- Your “fresh squeezed” citrus centerpiece is easily created by arranging sliced grapefruits and lemons down the center of the table. Add in a few touches of greenery (we grabbed these stems straight from the yard). Tuck them in around the citrus fruits.
- Layer the dinner plates with dessert plates on top (TIP: dessert plates can also double as a great salad or appetizer plate).
- Cups hold the flatware and napkins! I chose a simple white cutlery.
- I also tucked in these Geo Citrus Napkins under each dinner plate because I love how the print coordinated so well with the theme!
What to serve at your Citrus Party? I’ve put a few suggestions below! Happy hostessing!
- Grapefruit Grilled Chicken
- Frozen Rosé Grapefruit Cocktail
- Mixed Citrus Green Salad
- Southern Lemon Chess Pie
- Lemon Blueberry Almond Bites
Meanwhile, keep your party hat on and browse through the fun party designs at Design Design!