Pinnacle® Vodka is a paid sponsor of this post.
Sharing drink recipes is one of my favorite topics on the blog, and now that we’re enjoying the winter entertaining season, I wanted to chat more about spicing up your typical holiday cocktails. We often see the same cocktails year-after-year at holiday parties, so let’s change it up with my new favorite – the Snowflake Chiller! It’s easy to make, delicious and quite pretty for our holiday festivities!
Snowflake Chiller Cocktail
- 2 parts Pinnacle® Original Vodka
- 2 parts heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons melted white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Shredded coconut or granulated sugar crystals
Rim edges of glasses by dipping in melted white chocolate and then in either coconut flakes or sugar crystals. Combine vodka, heavy cream and extracts. Shake and strain into the glass.
- The white chocolate and sugar rim gives this cocktail a touch of sweetness, but if you like your cocktails on the sweeter side, add a bit of simple syrup to taste.
- For the "parts", I used ounces aka 2 ounces heavy cream.
I love garnishing cocktails (it’s always the details that stand out at a party) so consider handing out rock candy sticks as “stir sticks” for this cocktail. Or turn the Snowflake Chiller into a decadent “dessert” by adding a dollop of vanilla ice cream to make a cocktail float!
Here are a few more tips for spicing up your sips all winter long!
- What’s Your Signature? – A quick and easy way to elevate any holiday gatherings is to create a signature cocktail. Consider using seasonally-inspired items readily available during the holidays as the cocktail garnish
- Pick Your Holiday Flavors – Holiday flavors can vary depending on taste preferences. However, holiday favorites such as peppermint, nutmeg and vanilla are great ingredients to instantly offer that warm holiday feeling. Other often overlooked holiday flavors include almond and coconut. Each of these flavors can be tweaked to suit tastes and pair perfectly with Pinnacle® Original Vodka
- Bar Cart Essentials – A bar cart enables guests to create their own winter-inspired cocktail so you don’t have to play bartender all night. If you don’t have access to a bar cart, use a side table to line up cocktail ingredients, garnishes and of course, Pinnacle® Original Vodka
- Get Imaginative with Ice – Ice doesn’t have to be boring. Experiment with ice textures such as crushed and shaved. This small, element gives a cocktail a modern look, without any extra ingredients. Consider freezing cranberries into ice for a holiday touch
- Sweet Treats – Indulge guests with a sweet tooth by providing an assortment of sweet, holiday garnishes such as candied ginger, and holiday-inspired mixers such as peppermint and toasted coconut liqueurs
If you try out this Snowflake Chiller, let me know how you liked it! For another fabulous cocktail recipe that’s perfect for parties, try my Slow Cooker Apple Cider “Crocktail”.
*Pinnacle® Original Vodka, International Wine & Spirits Competition 2017
Thanks to Pinnacle® Original Vodka for partnering with me on this cocktail series.
Pinnacle® is a registered trademark of Jim Beam Brands Co. (“Beam”) and is used with permission. The information, comments, and ideas expressed on this website do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Beam, it’s affiliated companies, or any of their directors or employees. Beam does not sponsor, authorize, or otherwise endorse this website.
Pinnacle® Imported Vodka, 40% Alc./Vol. Distilled from Grain, ©2017 Portfield Importers, Chicago, IL, USA
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.