Hey, Pizzazzerie readers! It’s Cara from One Swell Studio here!
Here at our house, April Fool’s Day is usually kicked off with someone (ahem… my husband) being surprised by the old “rubber band around the kitchen sink sprayer” trick that I get him with e-v-e-r-y year. It’s a classic. Every year, I hear the same surprised yelp from the kitchen as he’s squirted with cold water when he tries to turn on the tap. Surprisingly enough, he usually ends up pranking me (with the very same trick) on April 2nd. Seriously. You’d think we’d start catching on to this.
If playing pranks isn’t really your thing, maybe a little April Fool’s Day gift would be fun for you to give instead. Since the whole day revolves around being silly (honestly, I feel for teachers everywhere on this day!), what could be sillier than a pair of disguise glasses? (And of course, a free printable to go along with it!) The tag features a pair of disguise glasses and the text reads, “No Fooling! Anyone who nose you can see that you’re the best! Happy April Fool’s Day!” There are stripes on the back of the tag as well as a blank space to add a name and perhaps a teensy little note. Super fun, right?!
I designed these cute little tags in hopes that they could be used as classmate gifts or a fun surprise for an unsuspecting teacher, grandparent, or friend. Who doesn’t like to be a little bit silly on April Fool’s Day?! And this little surprise is completely harmless and totally fun.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- printed April Fool’s Day tags (I printed mine on thick cardstock)
- a pair of sharp scissors (or a paper trimmer)
- tape (I used glitter washi tape, but scotch tape works too!)
- a stapler
- a pair (or several pairs) of disguise glasses (I found these in Party City’s favor section)
- First, download and print the April Fool’s Day tags. Using scissors (or a paper trimmer), cut the tags out.
- Carefully fold the tag in half so that the backside is striped and the front has the text on it.
- Wrap the earpieces of the glasses around the card. Use two pieces of tape to secure the earpieces to the inside of the card (an X shape of tape seems to hold them best!).
- Staple the very bottom of the card so it doesn’t flap open at the bottom.
- Sign your name (or have your little one sign theirs!) so the gift recipient knows who it’s from.
- Enjoy gifting these thoughtful little surprises and spending a little time being silly.
Here’s hoping that your April 1st is filled with fun surprises and not too many pranks.
Cara is the owner/designer behind One Swell Studio. After becoming a stay-at-home mom, she discovered the world of party planning & soon found herself deeply in love with styling dessert tables & designing party decor. She opened the virtual doors to her Etsy shop, One Swell Studio, in December 2010. Read more about Cara here…