Hey Pizzazzerie readers! It’s Cara here, from One Swell Studio. If you’ve noticed the abundance of candy, hearts, chocolates, & ginormous plush teddy bears in the stores lately, you know that can only mean one thing: Valentine’s Day. All that pink & red. All those hearts. All that LOVE! Maybe you’re like me & don’t love February the 14th as much as the next person. Valentine’s Day can get a little commercial and well, sometimes even a little cheesy.
BUT–If you’re a ‘Parks & Recreation’ fan—(Hello, Netflix episodes!) you’re probably familiar with the one-woman-show that IS Leslie Knope. Throughout the seasons of the show, Leslie gets her gal-pals together to celebrate a made-up holiday known as “Galentine’s Day” on February 13th. Galentine’s is all about ladies celebrating ladies! How fun is that?
Round up your closest friends for a fun evening in or out to celebrate this year! I created some fun printables for you to download, print, & use at your Galentine’s Day Party too!
A Galentine’s celebration could be a fun way to include a “Favorite Things” exchange. For the exchange, each gal brings enough of her favorite item for each girl (keep your guest list small & set a price limit of a few dollars per item) and during the party, each lady explains her favorite thing & gives one to each guest. It’s a fun way to find out about new “must-have” items and share them with your friends.
Included in the download you’ll find the following Galentine items:
- 5×7” Galentine’s Day party invitation—just fill in the when & where!
- 2” party circles–perfect for cupcake toppers, stickers, napkin rings & so much more
- Two 5×7” party signs—add a little fun to your party space.
- Large bag toppers- place a few of your favorite things inside a white paper lunchbag & gift it to your BFFs to celebrate!
- Miniature bag toppers- great for little favor bags or used for stickers to dress up envelopes!
- Twenty Question Cards- A throwback to the classic game—these cards make a great icebreaker activity if not everyone knows each other. Fun, light-hearted questions to keep the conversation rolling along.
- Galentine’s Day Banner – Cut out the panels, punch some holes in them & string them onto some fun yarn for instant party décor.
So if you’re just looking for a fun night out with your girls sometime soon, a Galentine’s Day party should definitely be somewhere on your February calendar! Leslie Knope would definitely approve!
Cara is the owner/designer behind One Swell Studio. After becoming a stay-at-home mom, she discovered the world of party planning & soon found herself deeply in love with styling dessert tables & designing party decor. She opened the virtual doors to her Etsy shop, One Swell Studio, in December 2010. Read more about Cara here…