St. Patrick’s Day is just a few days away! I’m excited to share a few ways to celebrate the luck of the Irish this year! I love St. Patrick’s Day because it’s the perfect holiday for everyone, Irish or not. Dressing up in green, searching for the pot ‘o gold and enjoying treats is my kind of holiday. So why not turn a regular movie night or gathering of friends into a full-fledged St. Patrick’s Day party? Below the photos, I’m sharing my TOP 10 St. Patrick’s Day Party Ideas so scroll down to check them out…
- Green is the name of the game, obviously, so start out with a green table covering. I love a wide rugby stripe, but any green will do!
- Keep costs at a minimum by using white or glass dishes and serveware. Stack cake stands on top of each other to add height and hold lots of delicious treats.
- Fill a beverage dispenser (or glass pitcher) with the perfect green punch. My St. Patrick’s Day beverage is two parts limeade to one part pear and white grape juice with floating limes for extra green garnish. You can add alcohol (I suggest rum or vodka) for the adults, or leave it non-alcoholic for the whole family.
- Serve up your beverages with fun green-and-white-striped straws, and give your glasses a DIY touch by using gold scrapbook stickers to spell out words like LUCKY down the front. Other word ideas? KISS ME, IRISH, SHAMROCK.
- Give simple vanilla cupcakes a twist with gold edible sugar and mini shamrock cupcake toppers. You can make your own with green construction paper or grab a variety of mini shamrocks at the craft store. Simply set them right down in the frosting and go!
- For all the chocoholics, serve up delicious chocolate brownies topped with chocolate frosting. I added touches of gold with gold coins set in the frosting. The kids will certainly love these!
- Desire another favorite treat for that pot ‘o gold look? Ferrero Rocher chocolates happen to fit the bill quite perfectly! Set them out in a bowl or scatter them throughout your table for a delicious decoration.
- It’s always a good idea to serve up something savory in addition to the sweet. I especially love the idea of guacamole garnished with extra lime wedges and cilantro. Everyone loves chips ‘n dip!
- Decorate the mantel or your party table with a gold banner. You can cut construction paper into triangles and hang with string. Check your craft store for gold glittered paper for the perfect St. Patrick’s Day touch! I also love the DIY shamrock bunting here.
- Hand out green beads or buttons to all your guests so no one gets pinched by a leprechaun! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!