You might remember my recent post about puff pastry with the recipe for Pumpkin-Praline Mousse Cornucopias! I was thrilled to be asked by Pepperidge Farm to participate in their Puff Pastry Challenge. I made their cornucopia recipe a couple of weeks ago but this time, I got to create my own! I love a challenge! Working with puff pastry, however, is hardly a challenge because it’s truly one of my “go to” items for creating delicious appetizers and sweet treats for parties and friends. There isn’t a lot you can’t do with puff pastry, including creating a Halloween dessert recipe.
I created HALLOWEEN PUFF PASTRY MUMMIES! These little guys are too cute and oh-so-easy! They build on the wrapped cone idea from the cornucopia recipe. And delicious? Oh my goodness, they are flaky and sweet and I dare you to take just 1 bite. So, here is how you make these Halloween Puff Pastry Mummies…
INGREDIENTS (for 6 Mummies)
1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry
6 Sugar Cones
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
1 cup white chocolate chips, white candy melts, or white candy bark
12 candy eyes
Written Directions below!
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Wrap sugar cones in aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking oil. Set on cookie or baking sheet.
3. Unwrap thawed sheet of Puff Pastry. Cut lengthwise into 6 stripes.
4. Wrap 1 strip of puff pastry around cone and lay on cookie sheet (seal side down). Repeat with all 6 sugar cones. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
5. In an electric mixer fit with paddle attachment, cream butter for 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until well incorporated. Add milk and vanilla extract and beat for 2 minutes. Fill filling in piping bag (fluted tip optional). Pipe cooled puff pastry mummies with filling.
6. Melt white candy coating in microwave-safe container until melted. Fill in piping bag (or sandwich bag) and snip corner. Zig-zag the coating across the mummies.
7. Finish with candy eyes!
8. To avoid the filling “oozing” out, keep mummies refrigerated until ready to serve.
Join Puff Pastry on Facebook for a gallery of delicious recipes + ideas!
DISCLAIMER: The Puff Pastry Halloween challenge is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm® and materials and/or compensation was provided for this post. All views, opinions, words, and descriptions are my own.