Ready to add some spook to your style this Halloween? Time for a Spooky Skull Halloween Cocktail!
This cocktail has all the flavors of fall (apple + spice) while looking wickedly fitting for the spooky season.
Serve these up at your Halloween party for some extra scare!
I love these skull glasses (found at a craft store) but these would be just as fun in a martini or other cocktail glass.
I rimmed the edges of the glass in red corn syrup for a creepy “blood” effect. Glowing candlelight and we’re having ourselves a frightfully good time, aren’t we?
Above is a photo of the simple “rimming” technique to give your skull cocktail that extra spooky boost.
- Simply mix corn syrup with red food coloring and a little granulated sugar to create a red paste.
- Dip and twist the rim of the glass.
- You can use this technique with regular sugar, salt, red sprinkles, you name it!
- If you add enough of it, it’ll slowly start to drip down your glass for that creepy look.
Spooky Skull Halloween Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz black spiced rum I used Captain Morgan’s Black Spiced Rum
- 1 oz amaretto almond liqueur
- 5 oz apple juice
- black food coloring or gel optional
- Combine ingredients and stir. Pour into rimmed glasses. To make the drink even more black, add a drop of black food coloring or gel.