Chic. Meet Halloween. Spider style! I’m so excited about sharing my black and white spider dinner party with you! I’ve been dreaming up this party for quite some time so I was excited to style it up to hopefully inspire you to gather your girlfriends and host a spooky soiree.
How exactly does one make a spooky spider theme chic? Especially when (if you’re like me), you jump on the nearest piece of furniture at the sight of a spider? It’s easy! You can totally do it. Take a look at the pictures and read my details below…and find more clever Halloween Party Themes and Names here!
DINNER PARTY STYLING TIPS, SPIDER-STYLE!
- Place Cards As Decor: Place cards are one of my favorite table setting elements. They’re another chance to tie in your theme! I DIY’d these easy place cards by adding each guest’s name in white on a simple black clip-art image of a spider. Print, cut, fold, and ta-da! Place cards add that finishing touch and make everyone feel special.
- Cookies ‘n Cream Spider Parfaits: Get fancy and serve up tasty treats in cordial glasses. You can use any mini glass or cup. Layer crushed chocolate cookies with vanilla mousse for a delicious dessert that looks perfect with the black and white color scheme. Top with a little spider too! I also happen to think these spiderweb cupcakes would make a great addition!
- Get fancy! Turn your Halloween party “chic” by breaking out the fancy glasses! There is no reason that champagne glasses must be reserved exclusively for New Year’s Eve! Cheers, friends!
- Keep it simple! Maintain your color scheme by only using black and white decor. A black tablecloth topped with white spider webs makes for a spooky setting! White dishes are my year-round “go-to” and once again prove perfect for this party! Grab those inexpensive plastic spiders at the craft store and scatter about!
- Clever Names! Give your dinner menu a Halloween twist with names like “Spooky Salmon/Steak” or “Frighteningly Fabulous Farfalle” or even “Scary Sangria”. Cheesy? Duh. But it’s FUN! Grab your friends and enjoy it!
I hope you’re inspired to host your own chic spider dinner party this Halloween!