Tis the season, y’all! The season of backyard entertaining! No matter what size backyard you have (mine is not huge) or even if you don’t HAVE a backyard (hello balcony), you can absolutely find a couple ways to add some pizzazz for the summer entertaining season. Here are 5 backyard entertaining ideas we’re loving…
1. Lighting plays such a major role for backyard entertaining. When the sun starts to set, simple bulb lights (yes, you can use white Christmas lights!) create a glowing ambiance that is perfect for a relaxing social environment. I love the hanging lights from thisbackyard partyby Domestic Fashionista. Also consider lanterns and candles for other glowing touches.
2. Pick a Food Theme! Whether it’s BBQ, Grilling, Seafood, or ICE CREAM, picking a food theme is the perfect excuse to party. Summer season is all about easy, casual, and fun. This ice cream party from The Inspired Room definitely has us inspired!
3. Time for a Movie Night! Though we think this idea could easily be recreated for a super fab movie night for the adults, this idea for the kids is darling! Set up some comfy seating (quilts and blankets go a long way), snacks, and a projector! Ta-da! We’re loving this 3rd birthday party from Lay Baby Lay!
4. Paper Details! No gathering is too casual for a paper invitation (even if you hand-drop them in neighbors’ mailboxes!) and we’re loving this peach-themed backyard bash from Herb-n-Peach!
5. Who needs chairs? Seating can be as simple as laying out blankets, sheets, and quilts! Not only is it easy and fast but it encourages a comfy, casual setting for lots of late-night chats and summer socializing! See more of this beautiful backyard party by The Fresh Exchangehere.
Find my Pinterest Board for Backyard Entertaining Ideas for more fun tips…